Project UP-SCALE (Ultra-low Power Supply Chain & Asset tracking by Localization Enhancement), implemented through the H2020 project IoT4Industry, aims to develop a novel system to enhance competitiveness and to minimize overheads of industrial processing by tracking the supply chain and intralogistics flows using indoor localization advances and novel low-power technologies.
The specific development objectives for this project are:
- Specification and conception of a high-performance low-power real-time UWB localization system,
- Technology Integration of low-power wake-up modules and self-calibration algorithms,
- Early testing and Analysis of the system with regular feedback iterations of our industrial partner,
- Real-world demonstration and evaluation in production conditions at the industrial partner’s site,
- Business and marketing uptake strategy planning, to broaden the project outcome and usage.
The project has started in June 2019 and will run until July 2020.
The project is a cooperation project with Endiio GmbH and has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 777455.